Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
RefWorks is a reference management system where you can:
- Collect citations
- Manage citations, by folder or a searchable database
- Cite using proper formatting in a variety of citation styles (e.g. APA, AMA, Vancouver, etc)
- Share research with colleagues
Since RefWorks is accessible from the web, it can be used from any computer connected to the internet.
Login to RefWorks
New to RefWorks? Go to the login page and click "Sign up for a New Account."
To create a Refworks account you'll need the Barwon Health Group Code to authenticate your log in.
Email us, and we will send you the Barwon Health Group Code.
This can be done in two ways, depending on how much functionality you want other users to have:
- If you want your group members to have full access to the folder – that is, to add, edit or delete references, as well as to search the folder, create bibliographies and export references – this is done by all members using the same login name and password i.e. you give the login details to the other members.
- If you want to provide more limited access to the folder - to search the folder, create bibliographies and export references but not edit etc. – the library can change your settings so you can make the folder shareable. This gives you a URL for the folder which you then email to your colleagues.
- Getting Citations from RefWorks into your Word Document
- Click on this link for our information sheet of instructions