Since RefWorks is accessible from the web, it can be used from any computer connected to the internet.
New to RefWorks? Go to the login page and click "Sign up for a New Account."
To create a Refworks account you'll need the Barwon Health Group Code to authenticate your log in.
Email us, and we will send you the Barwon Health Group Code.
The thin client PC environment in Barwon Health means that unfortunately it is not possible to install the required add-on to Word that will allow it to provide "Cite While You Write" functionality. There are five alternative approaches outlined below:
1. If you don't have too many references, then the process outlined in the Helpful Hints box to the right can work
2. Do this type of work at home (a better option if you are dealing with larger numbers of references). The required Word add-on can be downloaded for both Windows and Macs
3. If you use Google Doc then an add on is available for it.
4. Use your own reference management software or affiliated educational institution (if applicable)
5. Use the free online ZoteroBib to format your references one by one. This can be a good option if not too many citations are involved. You can search by URL, title, DOI, PMID etc and choose from more than 9000 citation styles for your bibliography.
RefWorks is provided free via the Clinicians Health Channel (CHC) but we are investigating alternative citation managers that may be better suited to the client environment.
This can be done in two ways, depending on how much functionality you want other users to have:
Getting Citations from RefWorks into your Word Document (One-Line/Cite-View):
This function works with any word processing software
This document can be edited or formatted further e.g. for changes to line spacing etc. However if you need to alter the citations or their position in the document, all these changes should be made in the original document.