Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Changes to Australian Standards Access
As from the 1st of May there has been a new requirement to comply with copyright management a FileOpen plugin is required on computers to access the standards, this is proving to be problematic on the thin client environment but the plug-in can be downloaded to the fat-client (computers with the bigger c-drive box)
- FileOpen plugin - https://plugin.fileopen.com/all.aspx
- If this plugin has not yet been downloaded to your fat client computer then log a call with IT helpdesk.
- once installed, download the standard from the webpage, open adobe reader software and then open the standard using the File -> Open commands in Adobe
Please contact the library for more information or assistance
Viewing Australian Standards
- Click on Australian Standards, and search for the standard you wish to access
- Unlocked Standards: View Document,
- when you click on Download you will be prompted to register if you haven't yet, or log in if you have registered before and you will be able to view the document
Once you register you will receive a verification email with your log in details.
- Locked Standards: Request Unlocked:
- For standards that require unlocking the standard is available but will need to be purchased by your department. Click on Unlocked and the Unlock Request screen will appear. Enter your name, email address, daytime contact number and a purchase order number or requisition number to facilitate payment for the standard.
- Once completed, click Submit Form. The account administrator will review your request and if approved, unlock the standard. If you have correctly entered your email address you will receive a confirmation email once the standard has been unlocked.
- Please note unlocking standards does incur a fee, therefore users should be certain the standard is required prior to requesting. The cost of unlocking the standard will be displayed and this cost will be charged to your cost centre
- For Barwon Health staff you will have to email to the library a completed Barwon Health Requisition form signed by the delegated signatory for your cost centre before the standard can be unlocked
Library Quick Links
Got a Question? FAQs