What is LibKey Nomad?
LibKey Nomad is a browser extension that simplifies access to article PDFs and ebooks, particularly from home, from sites such as PubMed and many journal publishers. It is available for Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Vivaldi and Brave browsers.
Why use it?
1. Single click article PDFs on sites such as PubMed.
2. When the article PDF is not available, you can easily request it from the library via an online form
Easily install LibKey Nomad (Chrome Instructions)
1. Using the Chrome browser, click here
2. Click 'Add to Chrome'
3. When the pop-up box appears, click 'Add extension'
4. Search and select 'Barwon Health Library'
5. Optional: if you would like the extension to always be available at work, sign into Chrome with your Google account to sync across your settings (including bookmarks and extensions). Alternatively follow these steps to have your Chrome extensions and bookmarks be permanent at work. You can install it on your home computer also.
You will see green images appear (see screenshots below) on certain websites. The 'Download PDF' image gives you immediate access to the PDF, the 'Article Link' image will direct you to other sources of the full text, and the 'Access Options' image will take you the article request form. In PubMed, the 'View Complete Issue' link will take you through to BrowZine where you can add the journal to your bookshelf if desired. Read by QxMD is also a good way to get journal article alerts. If you are offsite, you will be asked to log in with your library member credentials. Register for a Library Membership if you don't yet have one.
How to uninstall
In the unlikely event you don't find the extension useful, then right click on the extension icon (this looks like a green drop located in the top right of the browser) and select Remove from Chrome.