This can be done in two ways, depending on how much functionality you want other users to have:
- If you want your group members to have full access to the folder – that is, to add, edit or delete references, as well as to search the folder, create bibliographies and export references – this is done by all members using the same login name and password i.e. you give the login details to the other members.
- If you want to provide more limited access to the folder - to search the folder, create bibliographies and export references but not edit etc. – the library can change your settings so you can make the folder shareable. This gives you a URL for the folder which you then email to your colleagues.
Getting Citations from RefWorks into your Word Document (One-Line/Cite-View):
This function works with any word processing software
- Select each citation from your list and paste a code for that citation into the desired place in the body of your Word document.
- When you’ve inserted all desired citations, you should then save your Word document with a new name e.g <subject>-with-RefWorks-citation-codes
- Then in the RefWorks menu, select the Bibliography command > Format Document.
- At this time also choose the desired output style for the citations.
- Now either drag-and-drop your Word document into the box to be formatted OR browse your computer and identify the correct Word document to be formatted.
- RefWorks creates a new document with the citations formatted in-text and at end of text in the nominated style. View this version, save with a new filename.
This document can be edited or formatted further e.g. for changes to line spacing etc. However if you need to alter the citations or their position in the document, all these changes should be made in the original document.