Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Featured Resource of the Month
Our featured resource this month is UpToDate. A physician-authored clinical decision tool to support and assist clinicians with point-of-care decisions.
Please Contact the library if you require any further information or assistance in using our featured resource
- falls into the category of "decision support tools" and is designed to provide quick access to clinically relevant answers. UptoDate is a popular evidence-based clinical decision support resource authored by physicians to help healthcare practitioners make the best decisions at the point of care.
- Over 5,100 expert physicians write, review, and continuously update the content to ensure that it contains the latest evidence & relevant information, as well as providing specific, practical recommendations for diagnosis & treatment.
- It combines broad coverage of adult primary care with sub-specialty internal medicine, ob/gyn, general surgery and paediatrics.
- Features include:
- Mobile App
- Medical Calculators
- Patient Information
- Drugs & Drug Interactions
- Links to Full-Text Articles
You can access UpToDate from the direct link on our library front page or via the Point of Care Tools library webpage.
Mobile Access - Along with access to UpToDate online, Barwon Health staff can install the UpToDate App on their mobile device.
Registration - You will need to register for an UpToDate account:
- to use UpToDate via the mobile app or
- to collect CME/CPD/CE credits with every clinical question researched.
- to bookmark most frequently viewed pages
To maintain your remote access UpToDate requires all users to log into their account on a Barwon Health computer every 90 days to verify you are still current staff. You will be emailed a reminder when this is due