What is Lean Library/Library Access?
Lean Library/Library Access is an browser extension, available for most browsers, that makes it easier to access full text PDFs of jourrnal articles and eBooks when offsite and not using the Library website.
Why use the Lean extension?
1. Automatic linkage to library full text articles when using Google Scholar
2. Automatic linkage to library full text articles when using PubMed
3. When you are browsing and land on content that the library subscribes to, you will receive a pop up message allowing you to login and access
4. If you are on an article page where the library doesn't subscribe but does elsewhere, the browser will redirect you to the full text site
5. As well as for article PDFs, it also works for library subscribed eBooks
6. Where an article is not available in full text, the extension will provide an article request form for you
7. On certain sites, useful information messages will be displayed. For example if your are on Book Depository considering purchasing a book a message will pop up to remind you that the Library can obtain books for you from other libraries.
How to install Lean Library/Library Access
1. At home, visit Downloads - Lean Library website (the benefit of the extension is for offsite access so don't install at work)
2. Click on Download for the browser you are using
3. Follow the prompts to add to your browser
4. Select Barwon Health Library as your library and click Save
5. The tab can be closed and the extension is ready to use
6. If you haven't already done so, register for Library Membership to gain access to full text online resources
Google Chrome is supported from version 62 onward
Firefox is supported from version 56 onward, from version 59 for ESR
Safari is supported from version 11.0 onward. UPDATE - Safari is temporarily unsupported
Opera is supported from version 51 onward Microsoft Edge
How to uninstall Lean Library/Library Access
If you don't find the extension useful, remove it from your browser. Follow your specific browser tools settings
You can also temporarily disable it. For example, in Chrome just right click > Manage extensions > untick the Enabled box
Help and Feedback
Please if you require any information or assistance with accessing or using this resource
Is the extension useful (or not)? Any suggestions for improvements? Leave a comment using our feedback form